With the 2014 elections fast approching and the campaigning already started, Automotive Manufacturers (AML) which is a dealer for Mahindra has these campaign vehicles for sale.
As far as my understanding goes, Mahindra has nothing to do with this modification, it is the dealer(AML) who did this modification taking a Mahindra Bolero Camper Gold as the base vehicle. This is also not done on order, they have made the vehicles ready anticipating orders from contestants. As of now they have 4 vehicles ready one each for BJP, Congress, TDP and TRS and based on the response they can have some more ready.
I’m not connected to AML, just came across these in their service station and sharing it. Anyone interested may contact AML directly. I came across these vehicles at AML, Distillery road, Ranjigunj, Hyderabad
Though I did not inspect the vehicles closely, the work did seem well planned and executed. Finishing and detailing was very much acceptable.
- 2523 CC Engine
- 5 seater with carriage
- Power steering
- Factory AC
- Vehicle colour based on party colour.
- MS Stage with steps and carpet.
- Ahuja addressing system with 6 speakers and cordless mikes.
- High power LED lamps projected at the candidate from front and back.
- Focus lamps on front and back projected to the public.
- PU seat and steering covers matching the party/vehicle colour
- Extra battery and high power alternator with seperate wiring and fuse for the additional electricals.
- 13″ flag rods on the corners.
- Heavy duty footsteps on each side that can take a load of 8 members.(very much needed in India, isn’t it?)
- LED lighting on front seats for visibility of candidate at nights.
- Advertisement plates around the vehicle.
Ex-ShowRoom price of Bolero Camper Gold – 627858
Life Tax(Quarterly) – 1150
Insurance – 28810
Handling Charges – 5000
Total – Rs.662818
Cost of Modifications – 193400
Total cost of campaign vehicle – Rs.8,56,218/-